As Senior Editor, Anja guides strategy in content creation and art curation for the Center’s journal Minding Nature. Minding Nature is published tri-annually and explores the values and practices of democratic ecological citizenship. Anja also spearheads the Questions For a Resilient Future’s Cosmos series. A series focused on reimagining our inter-connections with off-Earth environments.
Anja also writes and searches out stories that help us reimagine our relationship to each other and to planet Earth as a whole. These stories range from deeper philosophical concepts, to reflections of wider-ranging historical perspectives, to the personal story within local places.
The central exploration in all of Anja’s work is grounded in re-imagining our relationship with the other-than-human, by unmasking modes of thought that uphold our cultural detachment from our natural history; and by helping to create new stories, which bridge this perceived gap between humans and the whole community of life.
IN HER OWN WORDS
My proudest moment: standing up for the bullied “Wee, sleekit, cow’rin, tim’rous beastie” back in high school.
My heroes: free thinkers & star gazers.
What I obsess about: coming to know my connection to the cosmos.
What makes me smile: sitting in some good prairie soil and looking up.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO HUMANS & NATURE:
Minding Nature articles:
- Timefulness: A Geologist’s Story—Interview with Marcia Bjornerud
- Art in the Anthropocene
- Landscape Art? An Interview with Sandra Dal Poggetto
- An Ethical Journey into Deep Time
- Democracy and The Climate Crisis
- Pro-Aesthetic Language: Natural Treasures vs. Natural Resources
- A Language to Embody Place: Dynamic, Braided, Wild
- Being in Relationship, with Nature?
- Wild Places in Urban Centers
- Setting Ethics Free?
Questions for a Resilient Future responses:
City Creatures Blog posts:
- The Wild and Not-So-Wild City Creature Neighbors at, by, and in My House
- Re-wilding Our Urban Ethics and Politics?